Today’s post comes to you at the expense of my sister’s dressing table chair. Yes, that’s right. This is extreme blogging. I tried to stand on it for optimal photo quality and I came crashing down, breaking the chair (I’m so sorry Jas) and I’m still limping.
Anywayhere are some of my make up favourites. With these items in your make up bag I can pretty much guarantee you will be make-up ready for any occasion. Let’s begin:
1) Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. I love this foundation. I’ve tried a few but this one is my favourite. It gives great coverage and the bottle lasts for so long.
2) Maybelline Great Lash mascara in Blackest Black. I’ve been using this specific mascara for years. I don’t think I’ll ever change. It’s just amazing.
3) Essence Liquid Liner.
4) MAC blush in Dame.
5) MAC lipstick in Snob.
6) MAC Mineralize in Soft and Gentle. I love to use this on my eyes, under my eyebrows and also on my cheeks after I’ve used blush.
7) MAC eyeshadow compact: Burmese Beauty.
8) MAC eyeshadow in Honey Lust.
9) Bobbi Brown bronzer No.7 Bahama.
While the quality of the make up you use is important, I think the brushes make or break your final look. Here are my favourite:
1) Clicks foundation brush (although lately I’ve just been using my fingers)
2) Estee Lauder blush brush
3) Clicks bronzing brush
4) Estee Lauder eyeshadow blending brushes
5) Body Shop angle and round eyeshadow brushes. Absolutely love the angle brush. I also use it to define my eyebrows.
So that’s my everyday line up for you. If there’s a special occasion I might vary these but generally I don’t venture far off my basics. Would you like a make up tutorial? Anything in particular?