Here is a list of my favourite things to pack in my hand luggage bag when I’m flying long distances (ie transatlantic for 30 hours).
1. Most importantly, I usually have this comb with me at all times, no matter what I’m doing. With my long hair, it’s just the easiest way to make sure I never have a problem with any tangles.
2. As soon as I’m ready to put my seat back and sleep through a long flight (or try at least, anyway), I take all my make-up off. The easiest way to do this is with face wipes. Seriously, whoever invented those was a genius.
3. I’m not a gum-chewer. To be honest, I can’t stand gum chewers, munching on that gum for the world to see. GROSS! To ensure I have fresh breath throughout the flight, mints are my little friends.
4. I absolutely love hand creams. Especially vanilla scented hand creams. The airconditioning on aeroplanes can really take its toll on the moisture of your skin so I like to keep my favourite Woolworths Cashmere hand cream with me to prevent this.
5. Again the airconditioning can cause discomfort as it’s often quite cold during the flight. Wrapping up with a cute scarf can help. It’s a really versatile item that I don’t think anyone should travel without.
6. Headphones are a good idea to add to your hand luggage. I like to listen to my favourite playlists on my iPhone while I’m waiting for the hours to fly by. This rose gold pair is a lot of fun!
7. You know those people that fall asleep with their head tilted back and their mouth flops open? Or worse yet, they start snoring? Don’t be one of those. They always wake up with a stiff neck and an itchy throat, most often after having been laughed at by a couple people. A neck cushion is the solution to this problem. I never travel without mine.
In addition to this, I always have a jacket, a book and an umbrella (you never know what the weather will be like when you arrive). Do you have anything particular you like to pack in your carry-on luggage? I’d love to know so please leave a comment below!