For me, Marble Cake just hits the spot when I’m craving something sweet and delicious. I love taking a moment to have a cup of tea and a slice of this moist cake with my sister or friends after a busy day. I have yet to find a person who doesn’t enjoy this cake so I’m pretty sure you will love it too. It’s quick and easy to prepare so it’s also perfect for whipping up for unexpected visitors.
1/2 cup butter at room temperature
1 3/4 cup cake flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
2/3 cup buttermilk at room temperature
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Grease loaf pan.
3. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
4. With an electric mixer beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy (5 minutes).
5. Add eggs 1 at a time until combined. After each addition, scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
6. Mix in vanilla.
7. Add flour in 2 batches alternating with buttermilk; starting with and ending with flour.
8. Set aside 1/3 batter.
9. Mix cocoa and 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons boiling water with rubber spatula until smooth.
10. Add cocoa mix to reserved batter and stir until well combined.
11. Spoon batters into prepared pan in 2 layers alternating between spoonfuls of vanilla and chocolate to simulate a checkerboard.
12. To create marbling, use a knife and run it through batter in a swirling motion.
13. Bake, rotating pan halfway through until cake tester comes out clean, for 50 minutes.
14. Transfer to wire rack after 10 minutes to cool.
One Stiletto At A Time says
This looks delicious!
xoxo One Stiletto At a Time fashion and beauty blog
Jade Wright says
Tea and cake is the best.. or… if you’re lucky, a glass of chilled white wine and marble cake would go down an absolute treat 😉
Great recipe… would love to give it a bash x
Cake Couture says
Yum this looks so good!!
Fash Boulevard says
oh my goodness, this looks seriously delish. I’m hosting a handbag giveaway on the blog today. If you get a sec, I’d love if you could enter. 🙂 Thanks, love. xo
Great post, looks sooo delicious!
Anatolia SpaWellness says
good cake recipes need good stuff