My journey with Pantene started many, many years ago. Together we’ve experienced many different looks, packaging and labeling. When Pantene asked me to trial a sample of their new shampoo and conditioners I agreed without hesitation. When Pantene sent me the samples I was quite excited to see that I’d be trying out the “Moisture Renewal” shampoo and conditioner. This new Moisture Renewal range is the answer to locking in moisture, protecting the hair’s natural lipid layer and targeting even the driest of areas for flowing soft hair. The Pantene Moisture Renewal range comprises of a Moisture Renewal shampoo and conditioner, a 2-minute intensive moisturising mask and a deep moisture soufflé. I, however, have only been trialing the shampoo and conditioner so I’m only able to comment on these.
Over the course of this month I will be keeping you updated with my findings and whether I’m enjoying the product. I’ve had these samples for just over a week so far and these are my preliminary findings:
- The moisture factor is definitely credible. My hair hasn’t felt dry with these products at all. Generally I use a hair oil such as the Moroccan Hair Oil or the like but with this shampoo and conditioner my hair actually hasn’t needed it as yet. If that changes I will definitely keep you updated.
- As these products focus on moisture I recommend thoroughly rinsing you hair after washing and conditioning. If you neglect to do so you will be left with too much moisture in your hair leaving it heavy, difficult to style and will decrease the amount of time you can go between washes.
- Condition only the ends. The moisture from the conditioner is too much for the roots of your hair. Conditioning the roots will weigh your hair down and also mean washing your hair more frequently.
- So far I only need to wash my hair every third day and as such only twice a week. This obviously depends on how much oil your body produces. You may need to wash your hair more frequently that I do. If you gym every day I estimate washing every second day. I haven’t used any dry shampoo to ensure I can give you accurate feedback.
- Smells so good!
- Dry ends aren’t so dry any more. Bonus!
First impressions? I’m enjoying the shampoo and conditioner and the effect they are having on my hair. In my next post I will show you how my hair is looking after two weeks of Pantene Moisture Renewal shampoo and conditioner.