I’ve got a couple new favourite items that I’ve added to my daily routine and I think they’re so good that they need to be shared. I find all these products really effective and worth every cent. If you’ve used any of these products, I’d love to know your thoughts on them in the comment section down below. Right! Let’s get started!
1. MAC Pro Longwear Concealer: I’m currently loving this concealer because it really is long lasting. It’s a lot lighter than MAC’s concealer that comes in a pot but it still has full coverage so even if you have a foundation that doesn’t provide full coverage, this will pull your make up all together and add a dimension of light to your look. A little of this concealer really goes a long way so I’m convinced my bottle is going to last a long time!
2. Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Correcting and Highlighting Perfector: this product comes as a pen with a brush on the end and a pump on the top to release the concealer on to the brush bottom. My pump delays the release of the product to the brush which is an unfortunate manufacturing fault. In any event, I really do love this product. It glides on smoothly and it’s very light so I don’t feel like I’m sitting with a face full of make up. It adds a beautiful effect to the overall look of your make up.
3. Charlie Longwear foundation: This foundation I bought for my trip to Zanzibar because I didn’t want to use my (expensive) Estee Lauder foundation when I’d be spending all day swimming in the sea. I was actually so impressed with it that I’ve since bought another bottle. It has a dewy finish which is great for a healthy summer glow but it can also be set with powder to give a matte finish. It really does have staying power, provides good coverage and at less than a quarter of the price of the Estee Lauder, it’s an affordable gem for everyone’s make up bag.
4. Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation: I have spoken about my love for this foundation on the blog before. It will always be one of my favourite make up products. It gives great coverage and once it’s been applied, it sets with a matte finish. No powder needed. This is great for combination or oily skin because it sets without powder but I sometimes find that if my skin is dry in winter, this is going to dry me out a little more. If you have a dry skin type, you’d probably prefer the Charlie foundation.
Make up remover
4. Dermalogica precleanse wipes: I’m generally not a fan of make up wipes because they dry out so quickly that by the time you’re half way though the packet, it feels as though you’re using tissue paper to try and remove your make up. These, however, are fantastic. They’re quite oily so this makes the process a whole lot easier as your make up slides off rather than needing you to scrub with force to get it off. They’re perfect for late nights when a long skin routine seems as daunting as climbing Mount Everest. These smell also delightful which is also a win!
5. Rimmel Gentle Eye make up remover: This is my go-to make up remover. It isn’t very oily so it doesn’t leave residue on your skin but rather leaves it feeling refreshed and cleansed (even though it isn’t a cleanser). My bottle has lasted four months too which is always a win!