I don’t usually post on a Saturday but today I really wanted to. Time is flying by and lately I’ve been moved to appreciate every second of life as a gift. Today I want to share just a few things that I feel are actual and metaphorical gifts to me.
1. Warmth: these two gorgeous cashmere scarves were given to me by le bf. While they are so luxurious, the purpose they fill are that of providing warmth. They are comforting in the way that I know someone else cares about me enough to ensure I’m warm this winter. So many people in our country and through the globe don’t have any manner of protection from the cold and this breaks my heart.
2. Travel: I bought this Victoria’s Secret iPhone cover while I was in America last year. I have been so fortunate to have done so much travelling early on in my life. I have seen how other people live, what they value, different cultures and customs. Travelling has opened my eyes and I realise how lucky I am to have been to all these places and I can only hope it continues in the future.
3. Scent: I’m so glad I have the ability to smell flowers and baking in the oven. I love it when a scent triggers a memory too.
4. Health: Now this one has a lot of meaning to me at the moment. I haven’t written about this before, but today marks a month since I suffered a stroke. Yes, I, at 24, suffered a stroke. I’ve been at home recovering ever since. I’m happy to report that between hospitals, doctors appointments, many blood tests and even more pills, I’m slowly getting my strength back. The water bottle was also a gift from le bf and to me it symbolises the good health I’m striving towards. I’ve decided it will also be my gym bottle when I’m given the go-ahead to gym again.
5. Lunching with friends: I’ve been missing this tremendously as my friends and family are my life line. They’ve been visiting me in the hospital and in bed almost daily bringing me all my favourite things and checking that I’m okay but I miss going out for lunch of dinner with them. Sushi on the other hand, my dad’s been getting as take away for me to eat in bed. Love you Dad!
6. My blog: So grateful for all of you guys that read my blog. For all you messages, your wishes, your comments and for your love. It’s been a gift to come into contact with all of you through this blog. Thank you for reading!!!
Jade Wright says
You are so lucky to have such a nice boyfriend.. those scarves are divine. Cashmere too… so envious!
I am literally frozen here in Knysna. Went to Mr. Price and bought such a nice jacket only to get home and notice that there was hole inside the pockets and then all the buttons fell off! Fail.
Only buying quality from now on I tell you! 🙁
On a more serious note.. I completely agree with you about the sadness it brings thinking about all the people who can’t be warm this winter. I wish there was more we could do.
Did you ever find out why you suffered from a stroke?? I am so pleased you’re on the mend.
I love your travel posts the most out of all the things you blog about – purely because I love travel too. I remember ages ago when you told me about your contiki trip – it was wonderful and then I embarked on my own contiki trip!! Thank you for all the inspiration.. travel wise, fashion wise and just life wise!! xxx
Helena Oops says
The cashmere scarves are so beautiful!
Lovely pics and the sushi looks delicious!
Take care of yourself, i hope you feel better!have a nice weekend!