Hi everyone! I’ve been trying a couple new products in the past month or so and a few of them are new releases so I thought I’d share them in January Beauty Essentials post so that you can try them out for yourself too. Let’s jump right in:
1. Aussie Long Luscious Range: It comes as no surprise to me that these new Aussie products are amazing. If you’ve been reading my blog for a while now, you will know how much I love them and if you haven’t tried them, what are you waiting for? I trust these products to look after my long locks and they do a fantastic job. I love that they now cater for long hair too. Don’t be shocked when you squeeze shampoo into your hand though, the product is blue, but it wont leave any colour in your hair. The fragrance of any Aussie product is amazing but this range in particular has a coconut fragrance which leaves me feeling as though I’ve just stepped off a tropical island. Love love! You can read more about my love for Aussie products here and here.
2. Pond’s Spot Clear Even Tone Multi-Action Facial Foam and Scrub: Pond’s has just launched this fantastic face wash which has powerful ingredients. The salicylic acid contained in this product ensures that spot-causing bacteria is removed from your skin. This product also contains scrub beads which are great for exfoliating your skin and tightening pores. The herbal clay in this face wash reduces redness and blemishes and controls oils. The product also contains brightening essence which means healthier looking skin. I love that this face wash creates a thick lather and you can feel the clay ingredients working wonders. I’ve been using this product for a couple days and I’m really loving it. Another bonus about this product is it’s price. It’s super affordable at R49.99 per 100ml and I’d go so far as to say it is Pond’s best product.
3. Sorbet Skin Care Range: Sorbet has released it’s own skin care range which can be purchased in Sorbet salons as well as Clicks stores nationwide. This is super exciting! I’ve been lucky enough to test out a couple products over the past month and I’m loving them all. I’ve been using the Hydro Skin day and night cream. This is the entry level range which is great for rehydration of any skin type. The day cream contains SPF 15 and it is just a little lighter than the night cream which is a little richer. Both contain hyaluronic acid and omega 3 & 6 which are great for nourishing the skin. I’ve also been loving the Salon Skin Daily Skin Polish Powder which is a micro-exfoliant containing a heavenly array of essential oils. It smells absolutely gorgeous and I love that it instantly brightens my skin. This product is a winner! The Sorbet skin care also includes an anti-aging range. There are still a few other products in this range that I would like to try but so far I’m loving them. The price on these products is right. They won’t set you back more than R200.00 which is fantastic.
4. Gillette Venus & Olay razor: with us being in the height of our summer season, beautiful, smooth, soft and silky legs are essential as our pins are on display almost all the time. Why wear pants when you can wear a dress or skirt, right? Well hair removal is so quick and easy with the new Gillette Venus and Olay razor. It is a 5 blade razor and has been designed to exfoliate and lock moisture into your skin. I’ve been using Gillette’s Venus razors since I was in high school and I guess some things never change. What is really nice about this one in particular is that it has a Sugarberry Scent and if you haven’t picked up by now, I’m a real sucker for anything that smells good.
5. Lush 9 to 5 Cleanser: While I was in Cape Town I dragged le bf to Lush so that I could pick up some goodies. I have been loving cream cleansers lately and I was about to finish the one I was using so I bought this one as a replacement. My skin is LOVING it. It is so soft and gentle but it has been cleansing my skin so well without leaving it feeling tight and sensitive afterward as I sometimes experience with cleansers.
6. Lush Tea Tree Water toner: my gran always told me to use tea tree on my skin to clear bacteria and breakouts when I was growing up and it was for this reason that instinct told me to pick up this product. The week before I left for Cape Town I actually had such a bad break out that it caused me to not want to leave the house so I was desperate for a little tea tree in my life. While I was away I would cleanse with the 9 to 5 cleanser and then spray this toner on and wait for it to absorb into my skin before applying moisturiser. What do you know? My Grandma was right. My skin has been back to normal since then. I’m so glad I have this product. These two Lush products have become a part of my everyday routine because I’ve been so impressed with them.
That’s it for my January Beauty Essentials. Have you tried any of these or any other new products recently? What forms part of your beauty essentials?