The weather has been so beautiful lately that it has me smiling from ear to ear. I definitely have that spring feeling. Just as we’re re-emerging into society after having been in hibernation for quite some time, I’m so grateful for such lovely weather so that we can start spending time outdoors with friends and family soaking up the sunshine. Since this year has really slipped through our fingers in the most unexpected of ways so far, I thought I would write myself a list of things I hope to achieve before the end of the season.
Here is my spring checklist:
- Early morning walks. This is something that I was doing a lot of before we hit mid-winter and it became far more attractive to stay cosy in bed. Now that the sun is rising earlier and the weather is warmer, I definitely want to resume early morning walks. I love enjoying the sunlight, nature, fresh air and movement in my body first thing in the morning. These walks always boost my mood and I find that I operate on my highest frequency on the days that I walk bright and early.
- Complete the October Readathon. I have had the most wonderful time discovering new books to read for my Halloween readathon. There’s very little as delightful as finding yourself on an adventure through the pages of a great book. I’ve decided to aim for 5 books during the readathon. Care to join me? Read all the details about the Halloween readathon here.
- Have a braai. My husband happens to be a fantastic braai master and there is no doubt that a great braai will be a repeat occurrence this season. I’m hoping that we can adopt a few new salad varieties and incorporate a few different desserts. I’d love to enjoy braais with my friends and family this season so the more the merrier. I’m going to send out braai invites ASAP.
- Spring clean. I’ve already been bitten by the spring cleaning bug and I’ve cleared out many cupboards in our house but I’d still like to do a few more. In addition to the cleaning element, I’d also like to place emphasis on the clearing element of a spring clean. I have so many bits and pieces to drop off at my local charity shop. From books to bags, kitchen pieces to pieces of furniture, I have so many things that need to find themselves a new home.
- Plan a getaway. Now that we can travel, I’d like to plan a weekend away for my husband and I. I’m thinking of a weekend in the Pilansberg game reserve or something along those lines. We have also scheduled a week’s holiday towards the end of December that will be a real treat because we’ll finally be visiting our friends at their new home near the beach. I cannot wait to see them.
I’m so happy to be able to start planning things with a little more freedom than we’ve had in the last few months. It’s going to be so wonderful to catch up with the people we love most and start seeing a lot of them in person again. What are you most looking forward to this spring season? I hope you too have that spring feeling.